What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a condition of bones in which density of bones decreases. It reduces the strength of bones and makes them weak. Osteoporosis also makes the bones porous and easily compressible. It is a serious condition of bones that leads to frequent fractures. Normally bones are made up of proteins that provide strength to the bones. Bones affected by osteoporosis are prone to break easily. Minor injury can cause crack in the bone. The common areas of fracture include spine, ribs, hip and wrists. People above the age of 40 years should go for a bone density test to know about the condition of their bones. It helps in preventing early osteoporosis and one can take suitable measures to delay the process of osteoporosis. The process of bone growth is very rapid during childhood and he same process takes a very long time during adulthood which results in weakening of the bones.
Signs of Osteoporosis
People suffering from osteoporosis may not present any signs and symptoms for many years. There are no symptoms until a bone gets fractured. When a person suffers from a fracture, osteoporosis may be detected.
- There is severe pain in the affected bone. Pain may be located to the affected bone or it may extend further.
- Women generally experiences early signs of osteoporosis. They complain of low backache due to osteoporotic changes in the bones of the back.
- There is gradual reduction in height and scooped posture
- Fractures of wrists, ankle, hip and rubs are common in people suffering from osteoporosis
Herbal supplements Osteoporosis
There are many natural supplements for preventing osteoporosis. The package for osteoporosis consists of natural and herbal supplements to increase the strength of bones. Herbs provide quick relief from the pain and recovery from fractures. People suffering from osteoporosis can take this package of supplements regularly to prevent the signs of osteoporosis. Important supplements in this package are:
1. Giloy Sat: This is a wonderful natural herb to increase the strength of bones. It helps in increasing the bone density. It prevents recurrent fractures and supply important nutrients to the bones. It helps in quick healing of the fractures.
2. Swarna-Maksika bhasm: This is believed to be a unique herb for preventing recurrent fractures. It supplies important minerals and nutrients to the bones. It increases the protein content of the bones and helps to prevent fractures. It makes your bones healthy and strong.
3. Pravala Pishti: This is a natural herb that is found to be very useful for preventing fractures. It may be used on a regular basis. It also helps to boost up the immune system. It provides strength to the bones and prevents fractures. It makes your bones strong.
4. Godanti Bhasm: This is a wonderful herb to prevent osteoporosis at an early age. It may be taken regularly for preventing fractures. It also helps in quick healing of the fractures. It provides nutrition to the bones and prevents fractures. It helps in the formation of proteins and minerals to increase bone strength.
5. Brihadvata Chintamani ras: This is a unique herb for boosting up bone strength. It is an excellent supplement to promote normal bone growth. It provides nutrition to the bones and gives quick relief from pain. It also helps in quick healing during fractures. It helps to maintain proper posture.
6. Yograj Guggulu: This is another useful herb to prevent the osteoporosis. It may be used on a regular basis to initiate the formation and growth of bones. It prevents fractures as it increases the growth of bone cells. It is a useful herb for preventing bone weakness.
7. Chandraprabha Vati: This acts as a general tonic for the body. It provides nourishment to the complete body and helps in the formation of new bone cells. It prevents osteoporosis and provides quick relief. It increases bone density and makes your bones strong and healthy. It does not produce any adverse effects and may be taken on a regular basis.
8. Shilajit Rasayan vati: This herbal supplement provides strength to the bones. It boosts up the immune system and prevents recurrent infection in the body. This herbal supplement increases the new bone cells for proper bone growth. It helps in maturation of bones and prevents early signs of osteoporosis.
9. Ashwagandha Churna: It supplies proper minerals and nutrients to the bones for regular formation of bone cells. It is believed to be an excellent herb for boosting up bone strength. It prevents recurrent fractures and helps in quick healing of broken bones. It may be used regularly to increase bone strength and preventing fractures.
Dosage and mode of administration
Take medicine no. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and mix them together. Divide the mixture into 60 equal parts. Take one part everyday in the morning and one in the evening before meals with water or honey.
Take two tablets each from medicine no 6, 7 and 8, two times in a day after the meals. Take it with a glass of warm water.
Take one teaspoon of medicine no.9 at night before going to the bed. You can take it with warm milk.
Tips for preventing Osteoporosis
One can make changes in lifestyle and diet to prevent osteoporosis at an early stage. Some important tips are given below to prevent osteoporosis:
- Milk is a wonderful supplement to provide necessary minerals for bone growth. Drink a glass of milk once or twice in a day to prevent osteoporosis.
- Almonds form a wonderful solution to prevent osteoporosis. Soak 8-10 almonds in water at night and peel in the morning and eat empty stomach with a glass of milk to prevent osteoporosis.
- Include more dairy products in your diet to prevent osteoporosis.
- Soy products are also useful in preventing osteoporosis. Eat soy paneer daily for optimum bone growth.
- Sesame seeds are also useful in preventing osteoporosis. Eat a handful of sesame seeds every day.