Coryza, Rhinitis Remedies and Herbs
Coryza is another name for rhinitis or inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes. The inflammation of the mucous membrane is mainly caused by bacteria, virus, allergens or irritants present in the air. It is an acute infection and may last for a few days. It may be transmitted from one person to another through airborne infection. It is also possible to transmit the disease by direct contact with the infectious individuals. Handshakes with the infected person can also transmit the disease. It commonly occurs in schools, homes, day care centres, and crowded places.
Symptoms of coryza
People suffering from coryza present some typical symptoms. Important symptoms that occur when suffering from coryza are the following:
- There is frequent nasal discharge and nasal obstruction due to accumulation of mucus and inflammation of the mucous membranes.
- Sore throat or pain in the throat may occur during acute infection
- Frequent sneezing is present with watering from the eyes
- Eyes become red and swollen
- Headache may be present due to constant sneezing and cough
- Loss of taste and smell is a common complaint by the people suffering from coryza.
- Burning of the eyes may occur and there is feeling of pressure in the ears and sinuses
- Cough may be present in a few cases
- Mild fever may be present in a few cases
- Children become irritable during coryza
Herbs for rhinitis
Herbs provide quick relief from sinus. Herbs are useful for preventing recurrent attacks of coryza. Herbs help to boost up the immune system. Herbs are found to be very effective in all cases. Package of herbs consists of natural therapies that boost up the immunity and prevent recurrent attacks of coryza.
Divya Shwasari kwath: This is a wonderful natural herb for coryza. It gives quick relief from sinus. It may be taken regularly for preventing the recurrent attacks of cold and cough. It acts on the mucous membranes and increases the strength to resist frequent infection.
Divya Mulethi kwath: It is a traditional herb used for preventing recurrent attacks of coryza. It increases the stamina and helps to prevent recurrent attacks. It gives quick relief from the symptoms of coryza. It reduces irritation and fever.
Divya Svsari Ras: This is a unique herb for respiratory infections. It is a suitable natural herb for preventing coryza and rhinitis. It acts on the mucous membranes of the nose and prevent the attack by allergens and irritants. It prevents the entry of allergens and irritants into the nose.
Divya Abhraka Bhasma: This is a suitable herb for the people suffering from coryza. It may be taken regularly to get rid of recurrent coryza and sinusitis. It gives immediate relief from cold and discharge from the nose. It also helps to get rid of cough.
Divya Pravala Pisti: This natural herb boosts the immune system. It is a wonderful herb that increases the strength of respiratory system. It helps to fight against recurrent respiratory infections. This herb is found to be very effective in preventing recurrent attacks of asthma.
Divya Trikatu Churna: This herb may be used along with other herbs to prevent recurrent attacks of respiratory infection. It prevents coryza and gives quick relief from the symptoms of rhinitis. It also helps to get rid of sinusitis. It is a wonderful herb for increasing the strength of respiratory organs.
Divya Sitopladi Churna: This herb is found to be very effective for preventing the attacks of coryza. It is a safe herb and may be used regularly to prevent attacks of coryza and sinusitis. It is believed to increase the strength of mucous membranes and prevent recurrent inflammation.
Divya Laksmi Vilasa: This is a natural herb for coryza. It gives immediate relief from the symptoms of coryza. It helps to get rid of frequent sneezing and cough. It is a wonderful herb for increasing the strength of lungs. It gives relief from headache and fever.
Divya Sanjivani vati: This herb is a traditional solution for respiratory infections. It boosts up the immune system and helps to get rid of recurrent infections. It gives immediate relief from coryza and also helps to prevent recurrent attacks. It is also a useful herb for asthma and other respiratory infections.
Dosage and mode of administration
Mix medicine no 1 and 2 together and boil in 400 ml of water. Boil till the quantity of water reduces to 100 ml. strain the mixture and take one teaspoon, two times in a day before breakfast and dinner.
Mix medicine no 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 together and divide into 60 equal parts. Take one part in the morning and one in the evening after meals with a glass of water.
Take two- two tablets from medicine no 8 and 9 two times in a day. In acute symptoms, it may be taken three times in a day with a glass of water.
Prevention of coryza
Recurrent attacks of coryza can be prevented by taking a few precautions. Simple tips are given here that may help in preventing the spread of infection due to coryza:
- One should wash hands before eating food. Young children should wash hands after coming back home.
- One should wear masks and gloves while going out in crowded places.
- People suffering from frequent attacks of cold should avoid handshakes with other people. They should keep their handkerchiefs and towels separate.
- Hugging and kissing with the infected people should be avoided to prevent transmission of infection.
- Vitamin C is useful in preventing the recurrent attacks of respiratory infections. Vitamin C boosts the immunity. Foods such as amla, orange, and lemon are good sources of vitamin C.
- Drink warm water to get relief from congestion of nose and chest.
- Take steam inhalation to get relief from nose and chest congestion.
There are no reviews yet.