What is Thalassemia?
Thalassemia is a condition in which abnormal type of hemoglobin is formed in the body. It is inherited from parents to the children. There is an abnormal protein in the red blood cells that produces thalassemia. There is destruction of the red blood cells that produces anemia. It is mostly inherited from parents to the offspring. One or both parents suffer from the problem and are a career of the disease. It is caused by genetic mutation or removal of certain genes.
There are two types of thalassemia- Alpha thalassemia and Beta Thalassemia.
In alpha thalassemia, there is mutation of one of the alpha globin genes. In beta thalassemia, the beta globin genes are affected.
Causes of thalassemia
The main cause of thalassemia is mutation or abnormality in the genes responsible for the production of hemoglobin.
Thalassemia symptoms depend upon the type of gene involved. When a person is a career of the disease, it does not produce any symptoms. There is minor anemia. It is also called as minor thalassemia.
Beta thalassemia is also called as thalassemia major or Cooley’s anemia. In this condition, there is severe anemia. Other symptoms in this type are:
- There is paleness of face and skin becomes yellow in appearance
- Patient has poor appetite and there is no desire to eat
- Patient becomes fussy and angry
- Jaundice is a common symptom due to low levels of hemoglobin
- Patient feels weak and tired all day.
- Spleen becomes enlarged
How to prevent Thalassemia?
There are many natural herbs that help to prevent thalassemia. Herbs are safe and effective. The package of herbs helps to boost up the immune system. The natural supplements also prevent recurrent infections. Herbs stimulate the production of right form of hemoglobin and reduce anemia. There are many useful herbs in the package that helps to get rid of anemia and other symptoms of thalassemia. Important herbs in the package are:
1. Kumara-Kalyana Rasa: This is a wonderful herb for preventing thalassemia. It helps to get rid of weakness and fatigue. It is a natural tonic for boosting up the immune system. It helps in the formation of red blood cells and prevents anemia. It may be taken regularly to get rid of recurrent infections in the body.
2. Pravala Pisti: This is a natural herb that prevents the symptoms produced due to defective red blood cells. It prevents the occurrence of gene mutations. It helps in the formation of healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the formation of protein that makes up the red blood cells. It reduces weakness and fatigue in the body.
3. Kaharava Pisti: This herbal solution is a wonderful supplement to get rid of the symptoms of anemia. It reduces weakness and also improves appetite. It helps to get rid of weakness and helps in the formation of red blood cells.
4. Moti Pisti: This is believed to be a natural solution for boosting up immune system. This natural herb helps in the formation of healthy red blood cells and gives relief from anemia. It enhances the strength in the body and helps to get rid of fever.
5. Giloy Sattva: This herb is used since ages for getting rid of anemia. It helps in the formation of healthy red blood cells and reduces weakness in the body. It helps in proper supply of oxygen to all parts of the body. It reduces the chances of getting recurrent infections. This boosts up general health of the body and helps to get rid of pain and fatigue.
6. Pravala Pancamrta: This natural herb may be used for getting rid of the symptoms of anemia. It reduces weakness in the body and provides strength to the body cells. It makes a person healthy and strong. It improves appetite and reduces the chances of recurrent infections. It helps people suffering from thalassemia to lead a normal and healthy life.
Dosage and mode of administration
It is recommended that mix all the medicines from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 together. Divide the mixture in 60 equal parts and take one part in the morning and one part in the evening with water or honey before meals.
Tips for preventing thalassemia symptoms
People suffering from thalassemia can take a few precautions to prevent the symptoms of thalassemia. A few important tips are given below:
- One should go for regular screening or check to know the amount of hemoglobin or red blood cells in the body. Early detection helps to prevent complications of the problem.
- One should eat healthy diet including fruits and green leafy vegetables for boosting up health. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamins and minerals that help in the production of healthy red blood cells.
- Wheatgrass juice is believed to be an excellent home solution for preventing the symptoms of thalassemia. One should drink one glass of wheatgrass juice everyday to prevent the symptoms and increase the red blood cells.
- Exercise helps to boost up the immune system. One should do regular exercise to reduce the symptoms and living a healthy life.
- One should stop eating processed foods for boosting up health and enhancing the formation of red blood cells. Processed foods are not good for health and reduce the immunity of a person.
- Sugarcane juice is also an excellent home solution for boosting up energy. Sugarcane juice provides energy to the body and reduces weakness. It increases the strength of the body and one can live healthy life.
- Jaggery is also believed to be the best solution for increasing the iron content in the red blood cells. It helps in the formation of normal red blood cells and reduces the symptoms of anemia. People suffering from thalassemia should eat a piece of jaggery regularly to form healthy red blood cells.