There are a lot of menstrual problems in women. Menorrhagia or heavy menstrual bleeding is a common problem that may occur at any age. Many young girls and women suffer from heavy bleeding during period and they search the net for how to stop heavy periods. It causes a lot of discomfort in women. Some women have bleeding for 10-15 days. The main cause of menorrhagia is hormonal imbalance or any other chronic disease such as ovarian cancer, PCOD, etc.
Causes of Menorrhagia
There are many reasons for menorrhagia or heavy menstrual bleeding. Important causes of heavy menstrual bleeding are given below:
- The most important cause of menorrhagia is uterine fibroids. Fibroids in the uterus can cause heavy bleeding during periods in women.
- Imbalance of the hormones is another important cause to produce heavy bleeding
- Cancer of the uterus can also lead to excessive bleeding in women during periods
- Women who take blood thinning remedies may experience heavy menstrual bleeding
- Contraceptive pills and devices can also produce heavy bleeding during periods.
Symptoms of menorrhagia
The most important symptom of menorrhagia is heavy bleeding during periods.
- There is a lot of weakness and tiredness in the body due to heavy loss of blood from the body
- A woman suffering from menorrhagia will suffer from anemia due to excessive loss of blood
- There is pain in the breasts and women suffering from this problem complain of constant body aches
- Fever may occur due to any kind of infection in the body.
How to stop heavy periods?
There are many natural and herbal remedies that help to stop heavy periods. Herbs are safe and natural and may be used regularly for balancing the hormones and boosting up the immune system. The package for menorrhagia consists of natural herbs that stimulate the functions of ovaries and help to stop heavy bleeding during periods. The package is a wonderful natural solution for preventing heavy periods in women. It consists of the following remedies:
1. Pravala pisthi: This is an excellent herbal remedy to manage the symptoms of menorrhagia. It balances the hormones and does not produce any side effects. It is a natural herb that also helps to deal with anemia.
2. Kaharava pisti: It is believed to be a natural tonic for female genital organs and helps to get rid of heavy menstrual bleeding. It acts on the reproductive organs and balances the hormones. It stimulates the functioning of ovaries and uterus.
3. Amrita Sattava: It may be used on a regular basis to balance the hormones and preventing heavy flow of blood during the periods. It increases strength and provides relief from backache and discomfort felt in the body.
4. Mukta moti pisti: This is a wonderful natural tonic for boosting up the strength of female genital organs. It provides relief from heavy menstrual bleeding without producing any adverse effects on the body.
5. Vasantakusumakara ras: This is a wonderful herbal remedy that prevents the symptoms of heavy bleeding. It provides relief from anemia as it also boosts up the formation of red blood cells. It gives relief from weakness and tiredness.
6. Stri Rasayana vati: This herbal remedy is a great natural solution for all types of menstrual disorders in women. It is a natural tonic for boosting up the immune system and for preventing recurrent infection.
Dosage and mode of administration
Take medicine no. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and mix them together and divide into 60 equal parts. Take one part in the morning and one in the evening with water or honey before meals.
Take two tablets of medicine no 6, two times in a day after meals with water or milk.
Home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding
Home remedies are very useful in preventing the symptoms of menorrhagia. Home remedies are effective and help in balancing the hormones and for boosting up the strength. Effective and useful home remedies for menorrhagia:
- Take a few pieces of ginger and add to a glass of water. Boil it and add one teaspoon of honey. Strain the mixture and drink it regularly to prevent heavy loss of blood during menstruation.
- You can also add a pinch of cinnamon powder in regular tea and drink it 2-3 times in a day to reduce blood loss during menstruation.
- Take mustard seeds powder and add a pinch of this powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it regularly to prevent menorrhagia.
- Take a glass of water and add one teaspoon of coriander seeds and boil it till the volume of water to half. Allow it to cool and drink it daily two or three times to get relief from menstrual bleeding.
- Take banana flower and cook it with a bowl of curd. Eat it every day to prevent heavy menstrual bleeding. It also improves taste.
- Take bamboo leaves and prepare a decoction with a glass of water. Drink this everyday at least two times in a day to prevent heavy flow of blood during periods. It is a wonderful remedy to stimulate reproductive organs in women.
- Women should eat healthy diet to boost up the immune system. Women should eat calcium rich foods such as banana, potato, milk, etc. for boosting up the immune system.
- Women suffering from menorrhagia should stop drinking alcohol or too much coffee as it can also produce heavy bleeding due to imbalance of the hormones.
- Take handful of fenugreek seeds and add to a glass of water. Boil it and prepare a decoction. Strain the mixture and drink it regularly to reduce pains and body aches. It also prevents heavy blood loss during periods.
- Exercise also helps in managing the symptoms of menorrhagia. Women should do regular exercise for boosting up the immune system.