Health Pack for Flatulence, Remedies
What is flatulence?
Flatulence refers to the gas generated during digestion of food. It is generated in the intestinal tract and is removed passed out of the body through the anus. It is a common intestinal problem and many people suffer from it. It is not a serious health problem but it produces social embarrassment due to which people seek medical help. There is a characteristic smell or odor which indicates presence of bacteria. Flatulence may occur at any age. It can also occur even in infants. One should try natural therapies for getting rid of flatulence. It may also occur as a symptom along with other gastro-intestinal problems.
Causes of Flatulence
The main causes of flatulence are:
Increased swallowing of air is the major cause of producing flatulence. It occurs due to swallowing of air while eating food. Swallowing of air occurs when person drinks water too rapidly, eats tobacco containing products, drinking carbonated beverages and while chewing gum.
Another cause of flatulence is breaking of undigested food in the intestines by the bacteria.
Another important cause of flatulence is lactose intolerance.
Natural sugar found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and ice-cream and processed foods such bread, cereal, salad dressing can also cause flatulence.
Flatulence can also be produced due to malabsorption of certain foods such as broccoli, cabbage, etc.
Symptoms of flatulence
People suffering from flatulence can experience the following symptoms:
There is foul smelling production of gas. People suffering from flatulence, produce foul smelling gas with a loud sound.
Belching may occur along with flatulence. It is a common problem in people suffering from flatulence.
There is excessive production of gas from the intestines. Improper digestion of food produces gas in the intestines.
Abdominal pain or discomfort may occur due to excessive flatulence. People suffering from flatulence experience abdominal pain and discomfort. It may last for a few minutes and gets over with the release of gas through the anus.
Some people may also develop severe cramps, diarrhea, or constipation. Some people complain of diarrhea and others may complain or constipation.
Fever, nausea and vomiting may occur in some people. Fever may be present due to inflammation of the gastric organs. Nausea and vomiting occurs due to improper digestion or regurgitation of the undigested food.
Herbs for Flatulence
There are many natural herbs for flatulence. Natural herbs are safe and may be taken regularly to get flatulence relief. Herbal supplements help in proper digestion of the food. Herbal supplements may be taken on a regular basis to prevent flatulence. Herbs may be taken by people of all ages for getting rid of flatulence. Important herbs in the package for getting rid of flatulence are:
Gashar churna: Gashar churna is a combination of natural herbs that provide quick relief from the symptoms of flatulence. It acts on the digestive organs and stimulate the functioning of intestines for optimum digestion. It provides relief from abdominal pain and prevents formation of gas. This is an excellent herbal supplement that helps in proper digestion and giving relief from flatulence. It does not produce any side effects.
Udarkalp churna: Udarkalp churna is a wonderful product for preventing flatulence. It may be used on a regular basis for stimulating the normal functioning of the digestive organs. It is a safe herbal supplement that provides quick relief. It improves digestion and also increases appetite. It gives relief from constipation and diarrhea. It also boosts up the immune system and prevents recurrent infection of the gastro intestinal system.
Dosage and mode of administration
Take half teaspoon of medicine no 1, two times in a day with warm water after meals
Take one teaspoon of medicine no 2, at bed time with water.
Natural therapies for flatulence
There are many natural home therapies that can be used for getting rid of flatulence. Home therapies are safe and easily available. Home therapies may be used regularly to prevent frequent attacks. Natural therapies also boost up the immune system and prevent recurrent inflammation of the gastro intestinal tract. Important natural therapies for flatulence available at home are:
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Also add a pinch of black pepper and black salt and mix it. Drink it every day or during an attack of flatulence to get rid of the symptoms.
- Asafetida is a wonderful herb for flatulence. You can add a pinch of asafetida in a bowl of curd and eat before food. It gives relief from flatulence.
- Chew a few mint leaves to improve digestion. Mint is a natural herb that helps in proper digestion of the food and helps to get rid of flatulence.
- Chew a few aniseeds with a pinch of black salt and drink a glass of water to get rid of flatulence. Drink it every day to get relief and prevent recurrent attacks of flatulence.
- Regular exercise and yoga asana also help to get rid of flatulence. People suffering from flatulence should do regular yoga asana to get quick relief.
- Meditation also helps to get relief from mental stress. It also helps in proper digestion and improves the functioning of digestive organs.
- Avoid eating foods that produce flatulence. People suffering from flatulence should avoid eating foods that produce gas such as cabbage, broccoli, processed foods, carbonated beverages should be avoided.
- One should drink more water for proper digestion of the food. Avoid drinking water immediately after eating food.
- Try to eat small meals at frequent intervals of time. One should eat dinner at least two hours before going to bed for proper digestion of the food.
- People suffering from flatulence should avoid eating spicy food. It may burning and irritation of the gastro-intestinal mucosa.