Diabetes mellitus definition
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which blood glucose level alters due to insufficiency of pancreas to produce required amount of insulin.
Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas. The main function of this hormone is to regulate the levels of blood glucose. It helps in proper metabolism of sugar in the body. It helps in proper digestion and absorption of glucose in the body. When pancreas fails to produce enough insulin in the body, it results in imbalance of the glucose metabolism that can produce high blood glucose levels which is termed as diabetes mellitus. Any diseases of the pancreas can lead to diabetes mellitus. It may be transmitted from parents to children as some genes are also responsible for producing diabetes. Cancer of pancreas, inflammation or any other disease of the pancreas can produce diabetes. It may occur in new born babies when a mother suffers from diabetes during pregnancy. It is important to determine the type of diabetes for the proper treatment in a person.
Symptoms of diabetes mellitus:
In many people or in early stage of the disease, it is asymptomatic and no symptoms are produced. One should know the symptoms of diabetes mellitus so that he can take proper treatment to prevent any complications. Important symptoms of diabetes mellitus are:
- There is an increased thirst especially at night.
- People may complain of frequent urination at night. It is important to determine the cause of frequent urination as it may occur due to a variety of causes.
- Diabetes may also affect the vision. A person starts losing vision slowly. Cataract is a common problem in the people suffering from diabetes mellitus.
- Wounds do not heal quickly. It may take a very long time for the wounds to heal up
- There is numbness of the extremities. A person feels numbness in the fingers and toes.
- Tingling sensation may occur in the soles of feet and palms of hands.
- There is intense itching all over the body
Natural supplements for Diabetes mellitus
There are many natural herbs that help in managing the symptoms of diabetes mellitus. Herbal remedies are safe and may be used regularly to get rid of the symptoms and for preventing any complications. Herbal remedies also boost up the immune system and prevent recurrent infections. The package for diabetes mellitus consists of natural herbal remedies that help to prevent diabetes mellitus. The natural herbs stimulate the functioning of pancreas and balance the blood sugar levels naturally. Important herbal remedies in the package include the following:
1. Praval pisthi: This is a wonderful herbal remedy that helps to manage the blood sugar levels naturally. It is one of the best remedies that act on the pancreas and help to control blood sugar naturally. It may be taken regularly to get rid of the symptoms of diabetes mellitus. It also boosts up energy.
2. Giloy sat: This is a useful natural remedy to prevent diabetes mellitus. It is also found to be an excellent herb for boosting up the immune system. It helps to prevent recurrent infections in the body. It also boosts up energy by utilizing stored glucose in the body. It improves appetite and helps to prevent weakness.
3. Vasant Kusumakar Ras: This is a wonderful herbal remedy that helps to get rid of diabetes mellitus naturally. It is a natural herb that boosts up energy. It also increases appetite and reduces the symptoms of diabetes mellitus. It acts on pancreatic cells and helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels in the body.
4. Madhunashini vati: This is the most important herbal remedy for getting rid of high blood glucose levels. It stimulates the pancreatic cells for secreting insulin for controlling sugar levels in the body. It also helps to get rid of frequent urination at night. It prevents complications that may arise due to diabetes mellitus such as cataract, skin infections, etc.
5. Chandraprabha vati: This herbal remedy may be used on a regular basis to get rid of diabetes mellitus symptoms. It is a general body tonic that boosts up energy and makes a person strong and healthy. It boosts up energy and reduces weakness in the body.
Dosage and mode of administration
Take medicine no. 1, 2 and 3 and mix them together. Divide the mixture into 60 equal parts and take one part in the morning and one in the evening before meals with water or honey.
Take two-two tablets from medicine no. 4 and 5, two times in a day, half an hour before eating breakfast and dinner with water.
Ways to prevent diabetes
There are many natural ways to prevent diabetes. Many useful home remedies may be taken regularly to manage the symptoms of diabetes. Important natural ways to prevent diabetes are:
- Soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water and drink this water in the morning and eat the fenugreek seeds daily.
- The powder of Jamun leaves is also useful in preventing diabetes. Take one teaspoon of jamun leaves powder in the morning with a glass of water.
- Drink a glass of bitter gourd juice everyday to reduce blood glucose levels in the blood.
- It is very important that a person suffering from diabetes should go for regular exercise every day. It helps in managing the symptoms and also helps to control blood sugar levels naturally. Exercise helps in proper utilization of glucose by the body cells and prevents diabetes.
- One should avoid eating sugar in any form to prevent diabetes.
- When a person suffers from diabetes, he should reduce the intake of alcohol.
- One should increase water intake as it helps in removing toxins in the form of urine from the body and helps in reducing blood glucose levels.