Constipation is a problem when a person is not able to pass normal stools. He complains of passing very hard stools or no stools at all for a few days. It can lead to other complications. Chronic constipation can produce other gastric problems; therefore, it has to be dealt quickly and properly. It may be a symptom that may be present with other gastric disorders. Important diseases in which constipation may occur as a symptom include the cancer of the colon or rectum, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammation of the colon, etc. People search for how to relieve constipation fast.
Causes of constipation
Constipation may be produced by a variety of reasons. It is very important to know the exact cause of the constipation to get the right treatment. Some of the important causes of the constipation are:
- People who drink fewer fluids may suffer from constipation
- People living a sedentary life and does not exercise also complain of constipation and other gastric complaints
- Taking too many prescription remedies can also produce constipation
- People who fail to eat a balanced diet and take less fibre in their diet may suffer from constipation
- Women suffer from constipation during pregnancy
- It may occur in people suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes
Symptoms of constipation
People suffering from constipation may also present other symptoms that are associated with the constipation. Proper diagnosis of the problem is very important. One should consult a physician to get the proper diagnosis and the right treatment. Symptoms of constipation that may be present during constipation are:
- A person may have difficulty in passing stool. There is great straining while passing stool.
- Stools are very hard and cause sharp pain in the rectum. It appears as if small sheep like balls have passed
- There is great pain in the abdomen while passing stool
- Swelling of the rectal area may occur due to a lot of straining
- The anal regions become red and swollen
- A person may complain of flatulence and heaviness in the abdomen
- There is loss of appetite due to chronic constipation and a person does not have any desire to eat
- There are nausea, vomiting and indigestion problems associated with constipation
- People with chronic constipation may also suffer from fissures and piles.
- There is passage of blood from the rectum in the people suffering from chronic constipation
- Backache may be present due to chronic constipation
Herbs for constipation
There are many natural remedies for constipation. Herbs for constipation provide quick relief. Herbal remedies are safe and effective and provide long lasting results. The package for constipation consists of natural herbs for constipation. It is an effective combination of wonderful herbs that help to get rid of constipation and its associated symptoms. Important herbal remedies in this package are:
1. Choorna: This is a blend of natural herbs that help to get rid of constipation fast. It is an effective remedy to get rid of constipation. It may be taken regularly to prevent the symptoms of constipation. It increase appetite and reduces straining while passing stools. It makes the stools soft and it becomes easy to pass stools.
2. Triphala churna: This herbal remedy is a unique blend of three different herbs that are found to be very effective in the treatment of gastric disorders such as constipation. The different herbs in this package are safe that boosts up the immune system and also regulate the functioning of the digestive system.
3. Udara-Kalpa Churna: This is a wonderful natural herbal remedy to get rid of the symptoms of constipation. This herbal churna helps to improve the digestive functions. It helps to get rid of indigestion and helps in proper absorption and assimilation of the nutrients.
4. abhyarishta: This natural herbal remedy may be used to get relief from the symptoms of constipation. It increases the bulk and consistency of stools and helps to get rid of constipation. It also provides relief from flatulence, loss of appetite and other symptoms of constipation.
Dosage and mode of administration
Take one teaspoon of medicine no. 1 with a glass of lukewarm water at night before going to bed.
Take one teaspoon of medicine no 2 and 3 in the morning after breakfast with a glass of lukewarm water.
Take four teaspoons of medicine no. 4 and mix with equal amounts of water. Take this remedy two times in a day after meals.
Home remedies for constipation
Home remedies are also very useful for preventing constipation. Home remedies are safe and may be taken on a regular basis to get quick relief. Important home remedies that may be taken regularly to get rid of constipation are:
- Drink a glass of hot water in the morning after getting out of the bed.
- Eat one guava daily to get relief from constipation. It is a rich source of dietary fibre and helps to get rid of constipation.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of black salt and one teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Mix it well and drink it every day in the morning to get relief from constipation.
- Soak one teaspoon of flax seeds in a glass of water and keep it overnight. Eat flaxseeds and drink water in the morning to get rid of constipation naturally.
- People suffering from constipation should drink more water or other fluids to get relief from constipation naturally.
- Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables to increase fibre content in the diet and get rid of constipation symptoms.
- Drink a glass of mixed fruit juice everyday to reduce constipation and for boosting up the immune system.
- One should do regular exercise or yoga to get relief from digestive disorders and constipation
- Avoid eating large meals, but try to eat small and frequent meals during the day to get relief from constipation.