Irregular menstruation problem
What is irregular menstruation?
Irregular menstruation is a problem in which the period may arise early or late, may last for a day or two or more and in some women periods may even skip for a month of two.
Every woman may experience irregular menstruation problem in their life at some point. A delayed period does not mean that something serious may happen. But, it is a matter of concern if it happens on a regular basis. Irregular menstruation is the most common cause of infertility in women.
Causes of irregular menstruation problem
The average menstrual cycle is 28-35 days. Bleeding may occur for 3-7 days. It may vary from one woman to another. There are different causes of irregular menstruation problem. Important causes are:
- Excessive use of over the counter medicines
- Stress and anxiety
- During puberty and menopause
- Hormonal imbalance due to intake of birth control pills
- Thyroid disorder and diabetes
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Simple home remedies to regulate period
You can use home remedies to regular your period. A few of the home remedies that can easily help to regulate your period are:
- Pine apples and papaya: You can consume pineapple and papaya on a regular basis. It helps to soften your uterus lining and helps to regulate your period naturally.
- Cinnamon: It is also an effective spice that helps to get rid of irregular menstruation. You can add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in one teaspoon of honey or lemon water and drink it daily. It helps to regulate the hormone levels in the body and therefore helps in maintaining regular periods.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an important spice that is used in every home. It helps to maintain hormonal balance and regulate menstrual cycle. It is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent from recurrent infection. You can add one fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it every day.
- Coriander seeds: In a cup of water add one teaspoon of coriander seeds. Boil the water and strain the mixture. Drink it two or three times in a day before the start of menstrual cycle. Take this remedy for a month or two to regulate your menstrual cycle.
- Carrot juice: Carrot juice is also a useful home remedy for irregular menstrual cycle. You can drink a glass of carrot juice everyday to boost up your immune system and to regulate the menstrual cycle.