abnormal menstrual cycle
Tips to get normal menstrual cycle
Do you want to know how to get normal menstrual cycle ? There is nothing to worry even if you have an irregular menstruation on certain occasions. There are different reasons. Hormonal imbalance is the main cause and you should pay attention if you have a hormonal imbalance.
Abnormal menstrual cycle refers to a period when your period starts suddenly and it may last for six days or more. It also includes heavy bleeding that may cause discomfort. It indicates some kind of hormonal imbalance.
Causes of abnormal menstrual cycle
The most important causes of abnormal menstrual cycle are:
Infectious diseases: Infectious diseases such as endometriosis, fibroids, uterine polyps, sexual transmitted diseases, etc can lead to heavy and prolonged menstrual periods.
PCOS: Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition that is associated with insulin resistance. In this condition, there is hormonal imbalance due to which egg follicles are formed but they do not release.
Obesity: Obesity is the prime cause of hormonal imbalance in young girls. Obesity may cause imbalance of the hormones that may cause abnormal menstrual cycle.
How to get normal menstrual cycle ?
There are many ways through which you can get normal menstrual cycle. A few tips are given here that can help you to get normal menstrual cycle:
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Consume more omega 3 fatty acids as omega 3 fatty acids help to enhance blood circulation to the ovarian blood vessels. It also helps to reduce the free radicals and helps in the prevention of cancerous cells in female reproductive organs.
- Whole grains: Whole grains are rich source of proteins, vitamins and fibre. These are important and help to improve hormonal imbalance. Whole grains also help to reduce the heavy bleeding. You can include whole grains such as barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, etc.
- Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are also good source of omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. They also consists of a natural compounds called as lignin that helps in balancing the female hormones.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are rich source of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables help to improve hormonal imbalance and menstrual cycle in women. Fruits and green leafy vegetables also help to improve the immune system and prevent from recurrent infection and also help to remove free radicals from the body cells.
- Avocados: Avocados are also healthy for balancing the female hormones. Avocados consist of beta-sitosterol that balances the stress hormone and helps to restore the normal hormone balance in the body.